The Sarpass Trek is a popular trekking route in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, located in the beautiful and scenic Parvati Valley. This trek is considered to be one of the most challenging treks in the region due to its high altitude, steep ascents and descents, and unpredictable weather conditions.
The trek starts from the picturesque village of Kasol and takes you through dense forests, beautiful meadows, and high-altitude snow-covered passes. The highest point of the trek is the Sar Pass, which is located at an altitude of 13,800 feet above sea level.
The trek offers stunning views of the snow-covered peaks of the Himalayas, including the majestic peaks of Tosh Glacier, Indrasan, and Deo Tibba. The trail is also dotted with beautiful waterfalls, streams, and alpine lakes, adding to the scenic beauty of the trek.
The Sarpass Trek is usually completed in 6-7 days and requires a moderate to high level of fitness. It is recommended to undertake this trek with a professional trekking company, as the terrain can be challenging and requires proper equipment and experience.
Overall, the Sarpass Trek is a must-do for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers who are looking to explore the beautiful landscape of the Himalayas.
- Alpine tent stay
- Porter & support staff
- IMF qualified guide
- All meals from day to Day 5 Lunch
- Transportation from Base camp to Base camp
- Medical backup
- Sleeping bag
- ravel insurance (Can be added with just Rs. 200/-)
- Jackets, Trousers, Trekking shoes and walking polls.
- Cost Risen due to rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any change in the itinerary, stay on account of flight/train cancellation due to bad weather, ill health and road block etc... Factors which are beyond our control.
- Mules or porters to carry personal baggage.
- Any other expense not mentioned in the “Inclusions” column.
- Embark on the Sar Pass trek from Kasol, a serene town in Himachal Pradesh.
- The journey begins with a riverside ascent, leading through enchanting pine forests and quaint villages like Chalal and Nakthan.
- As the trail unfolds, reach Grahan Village, nestled at 7,700 feet.
- Trek distance to Grahan is 9 Kms which will take 5 to 6 Hrs to reach.
- Experience the hospitality of the locals, admire traditional Himachali architecture, and camp amid nature's embrace.
- The day's trek encompasses diverse landscapes, promising panoramic views and a gradual immersion into the Himalayan wilderness, setting the stage for the adventure that lies ahead on the Sar Pass trail.
- Setup camp at Grahan village. Enjoy your dinner & relax.
- From Grahan Village, Day 2 of the Sar Pass trek continues to Mung Thach.
- Distance: 7 Kms Time: 4 to 5 Hrs
- The trail ascends through dense forests and opens up to scenic meadows.
- Trekkers navigate diverse terrain, crossing streams and witnessing the beauty of the Parvati Valley.
- Mung Thach, surrounded by snow-capped peaks, serves as a picturesque camping site.
- From Mung Thach to Nagaru Village on the Sar Pass trek, trekkers ascend through challenging terrain, navigating steep slopes and rocky paths.
- Distance: 8 Kms Time: 4-6 Hr
- Trekkers reach Nagaru Village, situated at an altitude that prepares them for the Sar Pass crossing.
- The evening sets against a mountainous backdrop, fostering camaraderie among fellow trekkers as they prepare for the next day's ascent.
- Nagaru serves as a crucial acclimatization point on the journey, with its serene surroundings providing a tranquil setting before the challenging section ahead.
- The trek from Nagaru to Biskeri Thach, crossing Sar Pass, is a challenging and exhilarating segment of the Sar Pass trek in the Parvati Valley.
- The climb demands physical endurance and a careful approach due to the varying terrain.
- Distance: 14 Kms Time: 6 to 8 Hr
- Upon reaching Sar Pass, trekkers are rewarded with breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding snow-capped peaks.
- The descent towards Biskeri Thach is equally challenging, involving a steep decline through pristine alpine meadows and dense forests.
- The crossing of Sar Pass is a significant achievement, marking the culmination of the trek's most demanding section.
- The descent leads to the enchanting Biskeri Thach, a beautiful campsite surrounded by towering peaks.
- On Day 5 of the Sar Pass trek, descend from Biskeri Thach to Barsheni.
- Navigate through diverse landscapes, including alpine meadows and lush forests.
- It will take 4 Hrs to descend Barshaini.
- Trekking downhill, cross vibrant streams and reach Barsheni, concluding the trek with a sense of accomplishment.
- Arrive at base camp & post concluding session group will break with sweet memories.